Resonate! Yemen and Holool foundation implemented the “Ersod” project during the early presidential elections held in Yemen on 21st February 2012. The project aimed at ensuring a more participatory and inclusive political scene in Yemen through achieving the following objectives:
- Engaging youth in the elections process by training 1000 youth election monitors and deploying them in a randomly selected sample of election centers in the Capital Secretariat, Taiz, Aden, Hudeidah and Ibb governorates.
- Engaging citizens across Yemen in reporting election day incidents by establishing a citizen reporting channel between the public and the Supreme Committee for Elections & Referendums (SCER) using SMS technology.
- Building and testing the technology infrastructure required to deploy SMS election monitoring in Yemen.
- Providing seasonal employment opportunities for Yemeni youth as election monitors.
-Serving as a pilot project to test these new concepts on a smaller scale during the Presidential elections in order to use the lessons learned from this pilot project in launching a nation-wide Youth Election Monitoring project during the Parliamentary elections at the end of the transitional period.
Training 250 young people to monitor the conduct of the electoral process
• Involving young people in monitoring the early presidential elections.